Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Ok, so now I'm blogging............

A friend of mine thinks because I have a boatload of kids living in my house, I have lots of stuff to blog about. Well, she's probably right! I'll tell you a little story about my house and then a story about the drama du jour.....

I am 40 & divorced and decided two years ago to become a foster parent. I have since then had 19 kids in & out of my home. I guess I probably do have lots to talk about!! I currently have 6 kids with me. They range in age from 2 - 14. Here are the boys....B-14, J-7, I-3, T-2. The girls are K-9, A-9. A, J & T are siblings and I've had them for almost 2 years. A & J both have ADHD and do we have fits & fights and arguments. Believe me they keep me hopping!! Throw in the 2 & 3 year olds and the hyper 14 year old........Don't even get me started.

On the way home from daycare yesterday J decides to tell me that a little girl in his group at daycare gave him a "5 dollar bill", not $5 mind you but "a 5 dollar bill"!! This was for him to play games with at the bowling alley. I don't give the kids extra money to spend on the extra activities because then I'd never have money for anything. They go somewhere just about every day. Today was the IMAX. It cost $6 each to go and when you have 3 in the same daycare it can get costly......anyway, I digress! J decided it would be ok for this little girl to give him the money so he spent it playing games and "bouncy balls"! I kid you not! He brought home 6 bouncy balls!!! 6!!! I'm not quite sure why he had to have that many! Anyway, he still had "$1.85" of her money (all in change) so I told him that he had to take it back to her this morning. He wasn't to give it to the little girl but to take it to the teacher to make sure the girls parent's knew she was giving her money away. So I put it in a baggy for him to take to school. As we're leaving the house this morning, I make sure he has the money. He emptied it out of the baggy into his pocket. I asked him to give it to me so I could make sure it was all there. He decided that since his big brother (from Big Brothers & Sisters) had given him some change, he said that some of it was his and not hers. Then somehow 40 cents now belonged to another little boy, Ian. Have no clue who that is!!! But I explained that it wasn't his money he had to give it back and since he stole the girl's money that he was supposed to take back to her, he now had to repay the entire "5 dollar bill"! He did NOT like that! Any suggestions on how to handle that?

That is just one of the kids' morning! Needless to say, I'm exhausted by the time I leave my driveway!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Queen Of Cheese said...

Nati usually is the kid giving away her money or trading it for stupid stuff. At least your kid is smart enough to be on the good end of the deal!

9:35 AM  
Blogger ~ A P R I L ~ said...

Welcome, welcome MamaMel! Mrs. Coach told me to get my ass over here and say hello so here I am, with my ass, and I'm saying helloooooooooooo.

The water's fine, hop on in and stay a while!

11:38 AM  
Blogger MamaMel said...

I know. I don't think he would have gotten in so much trouble about the whole money thing if he hadn't offered to trade one kid 2 quarters for 1 bouncy ball and 1 quarter and then later went back to the kid and changed his mind. I am still not sure who was getting the better end of that deal. But I told him that no one likes an "indian giver"! I really try not to use that phrase but the other kid was my little indian nephew who called J that. It was funny.

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home