Wednesday, June 28, 2006

BLOGGING AWAY!!!!!



Here we are. Mom, A, J, T & K. This is what I wish my family could be all the time!! I have had A, J & T since September 2004 and K since February 2005. We have so much fun and laugh! I love them all so much!!! I truly wish they'd never have to leave.

No drama today, can you believe it? I'm pretty excited about chores, though! We had a family meeting on Sunday afternoon and delegated new chores. The daily chore list consists of:

1. Loading & unloading the dishwasher
2. Setting & clearing the table & vacuuming the kitchen & dining room
3. Vacuuming the living room and hallway
4. Gathering & taking out the trash

These are the daily chores so the house gets vacuumed everyday and I don't have to do it. But I'm stuck with cleaning the bathroom and that's not a pretty job when you have a teenage boy in the house! The 7 & 3 year olds don't help either! I have to do laundry, too. That is my least favorite job, but I get the best feeling when it's all done. But the feeling only lasts until bath time!

Bath time....reminds me of a few stories:

J used to be able to take showers. Now he has to take baths. You don't know how many times I've caught him taking a shower standing outside the tub. He has the shower going full blast and is bending over the tub washing his hair, water everywhere. He couldn't understand what was wrong with that. Then there are the times that he's went thru a whole brand new bottle of shampoo in one bath. When I told him that he would have to pay me for the shampoo, he got very upset because he said that was "expensive, like $100". I had to hide my laughter with that one. He's done both of these things several times. I just want to say, "HELLO!! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?!!!!"

Those are just a few of the stories of J!

3 Comments:

Blogger Queen Of Cheese said...

My kids never remember to put the lid on the soap, shampoo, etc so it's always on it's side in the tub and the next one washes it all down the drain. Why is this one concept so hard to get when they can both search and destroy aliens and enemies on the PlayStation2?

6:29 AM  
Blogger MamaKBear said...

Hiya! :) I found you through a comment on my friend MrsCoach's blog. When I saw that you are a foster parent, I just had to come and check you out!

My husband and I are currently kinship foster parents to two nieces, 3 1/2 and almost 15 months. They've both been with us over a year. (We got the baby when she was just 3 weeks old). Waiting on our caseworker to get her act together and get us the adoption paperwork we've been waiting on since APRIL. It gets very frustrating.

Maybe when they're adopted we might consider fostering other children, but I really don't know. The hardest thing has got to be loving them then letting them go again.

Come by my place for a visit sometime! :) Nice to know other foster parents out there!

1:51 AM  
Blogger MamaMel said...

Hey, thanks! I'm glad to know you're out there, too! You can email me anytime you want. It's always nice to have contacts that are going thru the same situation as you. My email address is melj44@hotmail.com. Email me sometime!

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home